We're EVELO, an established eBike manufacturer in our 10th year of operation, and we're looking for a Lead Mechanic to help us turn some wrenches in our SODO Seattle location.
The Lead Mechanic is responsible for the inspection, refurbishment, and sales preparation of EVELO’s returned bike inventory, which includes assessing the condition of returned bikes and signing off on refunds for returned bikes. The refurbishment process includes tracking of time and materials to prepare returned bikes for resale, as well as coordinating the listing of returned bikes for sale on the website and for weekly reporting on the returned bike inventory.
In addition to the above, the Lead Mechanic will also be involved in working with our Product Development team, testing sample bikes and troubleshooting quality control issues that arise periodically. EVELO offers a comfortable and flexible work environment, consistent year round employment for our mechanics, and room for growth if desired.
The Lead Mechanic position works side by side with our Service Manager and the rest of the EVELO team to get bikes repaired, repackaged, and shipped off to their new owners.
- 2+ years of bike shop mechanic experience
- Detailed knowledge of ebike technical service including motors and battery systems
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Computer knowledge and comfort with email, spreadsheets, and messaging systems
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent mechanical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the ebike market and current ebike trends
- Effective reading and managing of situations that might arise in the course of work and the ability to react appropriately to maintain calm and useful dialog
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift boxes up to 100 lbs.